Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Manicotti

I've always loved manicotti, but had never really tried to make it. When I was younger, I helped my mom stuff the noodles, and they just completely fell apart; I remember getting so frustrated! But it was easier this time.


Filling:
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp dried basil or 6 tbsp fresh basil

Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.


Boil the noodles as per the directions on the box.


Lay the noodles to dry on paper towels.


Pour two cups of spaghetti sauce in a 9" x 13" pan.


Stuff the noodles with the filling. Place in pan. Pour the remaining spaghetti sauce over the noodles.

The recipe stated that you would be able to fill 12 noodles with the filling, but I was able to only get 8 filled when I ran out.

Bake in the oven at 350 F for 30 minutes. Top with 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.

Serve and gobble up!

No comments:

Post a Comment